TEARFUL TRIBUTE TO 'TOUGH GUY' HERO

By ADAM MILLER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 19, 2002 -- Saying they'll love him "until the end of time," grieving family, friends and a sea of New York's Bravest packed an upstate church yesterday to say a wrenching farewell to hero firefighter Daniel Harlin.
Clutching a folded American flag, Harlin's distraught widow, Debbie, wiped away tears as the couple's 9-year-old son, Christopher, was presented with his dad's helmet during an emotional memorial service at St. James the Apostle Roman Catholic Church in Carmel, Putnam County.

"Danny had a remarkable sense of humor," said Debbie.

"I will sorely miss all of the laughter we shared. I will never stop missing Danny, and I will love [him] until the end of time," she added.

The 41-year-old father of three and 12-year FDNY veteran died saving lives in the World Trade Center disaster.

The victim's 7-year-old daughter, Katie, said her beloved father, who was assigned to Ladder Co. 2, "is safe in heaven."

"He will be in my heart forever," she said, "and I will never forget him."

Harlin, who was affectionately known around the firehouse as "Tough Guy," was tearfully remembered yesterday as a caring and devoted man who lived for his family, friends and the FDNY.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01192002...lnews/9081.htm