Thread: In Memory Of

In Memory Of

Known to comrades at Engine Co. 90, in the Van Nest section of the Bronx, as "Special K", Kenneth Kerr was a well loved member of the fire department and the community.

"He should be in the prankster hall of fame," said Delendick, the F.D.N.Y. Chaplain Fr.

"All of the stories (about Ken) have one thing in common. He was somebody that people loved."

Kenneth is buried at at Cedar Hills Cemetery in Newburgh, NY. Kenneth Kerr's name is engraved in the NY Metro Tech Center wall (FDNY Headquarters), and on the Firefighter monument in Albany.

Unregistered

Kelly Kerr

hello. I am Kenneth Kerr's oldest daughter and I would just like to say thank you. I am now 13 years old, and still remembering all of the pictures of my dad and recognition he got. I always saw him as my dad, not a super-hero. Now I know all of the accomplishments he made in life. I guess you never realize how great a person is until they're not here anymore.

Thank you,
    kelly

Kelly,

I'm glad we were able to help. We're always happy to hear from family.

I'm sure, when younger, it's hard to understand how much love and support is actually surrounding you at the time. Even adults don't realize it sometimes, especially those not related to the fire department.

You will find, as time goes by, that the Brotherhood of the fire department, worldwide, is an incredible bond. A large extended family that most people cannot comprehend. And your father was part of it, making you part of it, from which you can draw strength and pride.

Please feel free to share any pictures or stories of Dad, if you'd like. Or maybe other family members or friends. This site belongs to you, for you.

Brian
    Brian Shea
    Co-Director of Fallen Brothers Foundation
    (foundation charity dissolved 2006)