Thread: Kevin Shea of Rescue 1 rescuing an office worker from a burning building in 1991

Thumbs up������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� Kevin Shea of Rescue 1 rescuing an office worker from a burning building in 1991

Here's Kevin Shea, dangling 12 stories above Times Square and showing why the city's firefighters are known as "New York's Bravest."

This prize-winning New York Post photograph shows Shea rescuing an office worker from a burning building in 1991
    Attached Images Attached Images  

not the same Kevin

That is not the same Kevin Shea.

That Kevin, from Rescue, has since retired due to an injury I believe. Coincidently, he was injured in the original attack on the World Trade Center.

Two towers, two attacks, two Kevin Sheas, two injuries and survivors.
    Brian Shea
    Co-Director of Fallen Brothers Foundation
    (foundation charity dissolved 2006)

Unregistered
    The officer leaning over the parapet is Paddy Brown then Lt. Rescue 1 Killed on 9/11. The firemen lowering Kevin was Pat O'Keefe of Rescue 1 Killed on 9/11. Assisting Pat was Kevin Dowdell of Rescue 2 Killed on 9/11. Never Forget.

I remember that very well. I had only been with my old Vol. Dept for a year when that happened. Patty Barr, was the one who went down and got the other worker that day.

If I remember right, the Kevin Shea in the pic, was the one who fell through a hole created by the bomb at the WTC. I seem to remember that he shattered his leg and received some burns before they could get him out.

Kevin #1

E-33: I'm pretty sure your right-on with that...if my notoriously bad memory serves me correctly- the resulting knee injuries Kevin sustained were at least a real driving factor in his retirement. Unfortunately, he won't be the last of our bravest (nation wide) to become disabled doing what we all love to do.

Stay safe...

yup.

Kevin #1 was injured at the WTC bombing in '93.
    Brian Shea
    Co-Director of Fallen Brothers Foundation
    (foundation charity dissolved 2006)

Cool������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������ Finding Kevin #1 (The Dangling Rescuer)

If anyone out there can assist me in locating and contacting Kevin Shea #1 (The Dangling Rescuer) from the picture, I would greatly appreciate any help I could get.

I was in my very first year of the fire service when the pictured incident took place and I remember NBC's series "FIREHOUSE" covering it when they ran with rescue 1 FDNY. I have since viewed Kevin #1 as sort of an icon. Any assistance ?I can get locating and contacting him would be greatly appreciated be it address, ph. number, email, work ph., anything. Would really like to have him out to speak to my dept. Thanks for any assistance in advance. You all are such a great and trustworthy resource.

Sincerely,

Chris Morrison
    Lieutenant, Brimfield FD, Ohio

email me at cmorrison@brimfieldfire.com
    check me out on the web at www.brimfieldfire.com
    Chris (Eng77ine)

Knowing Kevin

Reply to Eng77ine

I know Kevin, and I will tell him your looking for him and send him the link to this web page if he doesn't already know about it.
    Kevin is a very fine man, and I know he would appreciate everyone's kind words on here.
    Thanks,
    Knowing Kevin