Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:

Last edited by SeaBreeze; 03-11-2002 at 04:58 PM.

Administrator

Who wrote this poem?

Janlyn Scauso, Wife of FF Dennis Scauso would like to find the writer of this wonderful poem.

Does anyone know? If you post here, I will get the info to her.

Administrator
    This is such a beautiful poem. A little research & I answered my own question.

The poet's name is Cheryl Costello-Forshey. Here is a link to her poem, and an email address link also.

http://www.compassionconnection.org/Daddy'sDay.htm
    Last edited by Chris; 06-18-2004 at 09:59 PM. Reason: fixed the link

hookster212843

Thumbs up������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� Daddy's little Girl

I'am a firefigther and i have seen your poem and i must say that was the best one i have seen.

so i will say thank you for going a good job on your poem and keep up the good work.

R.H 1st asst chief

Johnsburg Fire Dept

Daddys little girl

This poem brought tears to my eye's as I do know of
    a little girl who's very proud of her father who died in
    the Gulf war He was one of those few I ever called a
    real close friend and was real close to his only child.
    There are people who still think he ran off till she shows
    them the letter from his comander to her of what happened
    that day 12 years ago.
    But her favorite flower is Texas Blue bonnets and I have seen
    some there on her pillow during the middle of winter and have
    no idea except 1 of where they came from.
    Every now and then when she's sad a sprig of blue bonnets
    will find its way to her pillow. So I can only guess that her
    father and Jesus is with her.
    Take care and god be with you
    George

Thumbs up������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� daddy's little girl

the poem daddy's little girl brought tears to my eyes.it is a very touching poem.

Unregistered

that is a great poem

that peom brings me to tears every time i read it i mean i lost my dad and for a little girl to be able to do that is crazy.i mean i wouldent have the guts to do that.that was great keep up the good work u know what your doing keep it up.

Unregistered

Cool������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������ Daddy's Little Girl

I never read poems that often but my sister showed me this one. I was crying when I was finished. My father isn't a soldier but my uncles were. In World War 2 I lost my uncle David. So I kind of know how it feels to lose someone in a war.

This is a beautiful poem and in my research for Father's day, I did find out the truth behind the poem. The real story is that this poem is a representation for all the little girls in the world that have lost there fathers.

It goes to an even deeper level of learning and understanding. I did lose my father when I was 9 years old. He wasn't killed in action as a firefighter or a police officer, although he did serve in the military a few years before his death. He was killed in a motorcycle accident. This man, my father was my hero and I just wanted to share this with all of you. This poems goes out to all the children that have lost their dad no matter the situation.

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/daddy.htm

Brittney

Unhappy��������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� I lost my father 41/2 months ago

I lost my father about 5 months ago and its so hard. I lay in my bed at night and just cry because I miss him so much. I turned my back on God until we layed his body to rest I dedicated my life to God!!! I dont know why he had to leave my but I wil know one day. Im only 17 my father is still suppose to be here. but he is not him and I were going to Jamacia this summer for my senior trip but I dont think I will ever go there just because he is gone. He bought me my first car and i still have it I love that car. because he had it specially made for me my names are written on the seats. I will never get rid of that car althought the incurence is outragiouce. My daddy bought it for me. if any body would like to write me back my email address is brittbritt_5592@yahoo.com God bless
    I love u daddy

Serena

My Daddy

My dad past away five months ago today September 13,2004!! It still dont seem real it just seems like a dream I can not wake up from. It was April 13 the worst day of my life my friend Ashley and I was up in my room asleep it was about3:30 in the morning and my mamaw called me and told me to come down stairs. so I got up and went down stairs a whole bunch of my faimly was there. I thought my grandmother whom i stay with had passed away. My mamaw ran to me and hugged ma and told me she was sorry! i didnt know what she was talking about? but then she said sese you daddy died this morning! I started hitting her cause i thought she was lying to me! Ashley heard the commotion and came running down stairs. and I just fell down on the floor! I questioned God why? my daddy he was perfect. Im only 17 why me. he was supposed to be there for me when i get married, when i graduate this year!! why my daddy?? we layed his body to rest the 15 of april the day i gave my life to god!! cause i knew where my daddy was and i was going to see him what ever it took. It just dont seem real. but he wasnt my real dad he was my uncle who i had claimed as my dad every since i was old enought to talk. My real dad has nothing to do with me and thats his loss but really i dont care because my daddy is dead. This poem has really touched me. my father was in Veatnam and he was wounded. but that is not the reason that he is gone. to whom ever you are dont tell your loved one you hate them or wish the would die cause deep down inside you dont. if you would like to email me please feel free brittbritt_5592@yahoo.com

Unregistered

I really would love to know who wrote this peom...

I really felt close to this poem and i cried, because i just recently lost my father on September 22nd, 2004.. And it has been realyl hard for me, because i did everything with my Daddy and i love him soo much that I wish he could be here with me now.. Soo please reply back to somehow.. Because i really wanna know how you could make something soo wonderful like this up.. Thank You

If you look at the 3rd post down, you will see information about the author of the poem and a web-site. You might be able to have your questions answered there. When I found that poem, there was no author mentioned, but it touched me so much that I just had to post it here.

Jean

Unregistered

Thumbs up������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� my friends father had pasted away and she read this poem and fell in love with it

[QUOTE=SeaBreeze]

iceangel
    That poem is so moving...i knwo exactly how she feels because I just lost my father

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast