Thread: Souls Unharmed

Administrator

Souls Unharmed

Thank you for your selflessness, dignity and respect.
    Last edited by Chris; 03-04-2002 at 10:27 PM.

Administrator

Souls Unharmed: my tribute in clay

When I first joined the Fallenbrothers Community, I shared a piece I wrote and designed within days after the attack. I would now like to share the sculpture.

That first weekend after the attack, I went into the studio. I did not feel creative. I just needed to feel the comfort of clay in my hands. I forced myself to begin handbulding a tray, similar to many I have made before. When the shallow form was arranged, I nearly trashed it as a wave of acute pain and saddness washed over me. The next thing I knew, someone was beside me asking, "What are you working on?". I looked down and realized that I was rolling small balls of clay and placing them into the tray. I never answered the woman next to me and she nodded in recognition of my tears, patted my shoulder, and walked out of the room.

Soon afterwards, I wrapped up my piece and went home. Walking through the woods it suddenly came to me that the balls of clay which I felt comforted by were Souls. Souls Unharmed.

They were what I had written about. They were what I needed to memorialize in clay.
    Last edited by Chris; 03-27-2002 at 08:41 AM.

Chris,

Thank you so much for sharing the picture of your sculpture, it says it all. Words don't do the justice to the comfort your sculpture gave me. Thank you.

Wish you all the best.

Margie Albrecht

Thumbs up�������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

Chris,

I understand your feelings. What a wonderful way to express them. Thanks for sharing.

J

Unregistered
    Very moving, Chris. I stopped in at FrogHollw Gallery and saw it. Good for you, not selling it now. We might want to display it at the firehouse. Will look you up.

Jim

Unregistered
    Great representation. This message is needed now even more than before. All rescue personnel will struggle with the close of recovery.

Unregistered
    A difficult message for some, it doesnt seem to be enough. We want something tangible. May God keep this truth before them.

Unregistered
    I thought this would be powerful in a sad way but it made me feel more peaceful than the photos. Is the original on display or can I buy one of the cards?

Administrator
    Dear "Unregistered"

If you register, my answer will come.

Administrator
    >>>

Cool sculpture. Actually looks over fired. sounds like you were