Thread: Delivery Times

Delivery Times

This might have been mentioned before...

Most orders are processed within 2-3 days. Some, even the same day. It all depends on when it's ordered, and when me or Kevin transfer the orders to the shipping department.

So.... that means that, if you are ordering Next Day Air, it will be Next Day from the time that we process the order. This is no Outpost.com or other super-duper major company with distrubution centers nationwide. This is a simple charity foundation, doing it's best to be as effecient as possible.

2nd Day Air is the same thing... it will be 2nd Day from the time that we process the order.

Both are still much faster than the typical UPS Ground, which is 7-10 days.
    Brian Shea
    Co-Director of Fallen Brothers Foundation
    (foundation charity dissolved 2006)

as long as there are no problems

Now, the above time estimates are for orders where there is no problems.

Most of the process is automatic. We get the order info, and forward it to the shipping department. But sometimes, there are errors which we need to manually handle... and that means we need to have the time to take care of that.

Errors like "No Size Given" (which is because the customer doesn't see the big red letters saying "ERROR - No size" in their order)

Errors like customers not clicking all the way through to process the order.... the big button that says "Click here to Complete your order".... guess what, it needs to be pushed.

Some errors are caused by using the back button after giving the payment info. This is a tough one, since mistakes happen. And it's intermittent, depending on what info was missing and stuff. This one might not be preventable, but the other two certainly are.

If there is ANY problem with an order, this can cause a delay of up to a week, sometimes more depending on my schedule and the error.

Remember that Kevin and I do this on a voluntary basis, and as such it sometimes is difficult to find enough free time to handle some errors... so patience is needed. Again, this is no huge conglomerate.
    Brian Shea

2 weeks is still pretty good

If you consider that most orders are received in about 2 weeks, from a charity with the main administrators volunteering their time... well, uh, I think it might be considered pretty quick.

It wasn't too long ago in this world where most things ordered through mail, phone, or Internet took 3-4 weeks, sometimes 6-8 weeks.

Somewhere along the line, with the big internet boom, we all got spoiled with Next Day delivery -- sometimes for Free! Talk about spoiled. I'm still amazed at how Outpost.com and others can take my order at 10pm, and have the package at my door 12 hours later.

You ain't getting that kind of service here. Never will. But, we will process them as quickly and effeciently as we can.

Let's all think in terms of 'reasonable expectations' and slow down a bit, shall we?
    Brian Shea