Thread: Email responses

Email responses

We get, uh, A LOT of email.

If you are replying to an email from us, PLEASE include the message in your reply.

There is no way I am going to remember what you are replying to.

Again, you AOLer's are the biggest offenders. This is not deliberate, it's just the way AOL handles email. AOL knows that it's users just hit the reply button and start typing. After a while, the emails would get bogged down with hundreds of lines of old email.

So, AOL does the thinking for you, since they know that you won't delete all the extra junk. So, they just give you a blank message to respond with.

This works ok with people who only get a few messages a day or week, and the replies are within a few days. But if you are getting hundreds of emails, from strangers, there is no way to remember anything.

So.... if you reply to us, maybe with info the we are asking for, you will speed up the process if you include our request with your message. A simple copy/paste should do it.

Otherwise, we will play email tag, with me asking each time for the info I need, and then not remembering what we are talking about a day later.

Need the info.... as much info as you can give.
    Brian Shea
    Co-Director of Fallen Brothers Foundation
    (foundation charity dissolved 2006)

not just AOL

Oh, and it's not just AOL.

Hotmail also seems to do this, and some other providers that don't use standard practices.

If you are using a 'standard' email service/software, and you aren't including the messages in your email, then you have probably set it up that way, so you probably know what you are doing, and can respond properly.

I thank you
    Brian Shea
    Co-Director of Fallen Brothers Foundation
    (foundation charity dissolved 2006)