Thread: Safe and Secure Ordering

Safe and Secure Ordering

If you are new to ordering online, or are just cautious about it, it's time to stop worrying.

Anytime you enter your order info on our site, it is on a secure server.

No strangers have access to it.

If you think about the security of your credit card info, instead of being scared of the 'unknown' internet, think of all the other places your card is availalbe.

Where does the waiter go with your card when you pay for the meal?

Who are you talking to on the other end of the phone when you call in an order? (are they on a unsecured cordless phone?)

when you mail in your order, who is opening the mail? what are they doing with the info? Are they leaving it around? do they shred it or just throw it out? Or worse, file it for someone to find?

On the Internet, if the transaction is on a secure server, NO ONE can intercept the information. It is encrypted. The security issue for all credit info is not a technology issue, but rather a Human issue.

Trust the technology. If you have doubts, the doubts should be on trusting the company or person you are dealing with, not the mysterious technology.
    Brian Shea
    Co-Director of Fallen Brothers Foundation
    (foundation charity dissolved 2006)

Mailing in orders

Note, if you are still paranoid about ordering online....

First, get over it.

But, after that, if you still have a problem with it, YES, you can mail in your order.

BUT.....
    also realize that you now are making me enter in manually what you could have done yourself, and it may take me a while to do YOUR work for you. So don't expect it to be done right away.

That may sound blunt, but I don't have time to process orders for people that could have done it themselves. Is your unfounded fear more important than my time?

I will get to it, if needed. I still want to help, even those that can't help themselves. But no rush.

just a fact
    Brian Shea

One more thing....

Do you know anyone PERSONALLY that has had their credit card info misused from the Internet?

No, not stories of a friend who knows someone, I mean really truly know someone.

Now, do you know anyone who has had their info used from somewhere other than the Internet?

I'll bet you know about the one's not on the Internet. I was hit when ordering on the phone for something.

There were well publicized reports of info being stolen from big web stores, but something important about that is that the info was taken from their servers after the fact. That could have happened to any company, whether they are connected to the internet or not. It had nothing to do with taking orders online.

We don't keep your credit card info on our site, nor on our office computers. The credit card banks have that info on their secure servers. We don't want that info.

So, think rationally about shopping online.
    Brian Shea