Thread: WTC Medic Hangs Himself :

WTC Medic Hangs Himself :

This is extremely sad :

Unhappy��������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� "WTC" Man is my friend

Thank you for posting about my friend, Danny. At this moment, his funeral procession is taking place in NY but I am not able to attend as I am in Wisconsin.

He was a great friend and a loving brother and son. I have known him since before we could talk and want to make sure that no one forgets what he did for our fellow Americans.

I have quite a few family members in the NYFD and NYPD which gave their last bit of strength to help clear ground zero. I thought I was "lucky" when I found that my family and friends were spared on 9/11. I now find that I wasn't so "lucky". Those terrorist took my wonderful friend from this world due to the tragedy he saw from 9/11. It was too overwhelming for him and he tried to find his own peace.

How dare they do this to us! How dare they dance in the streets at our fallen people! It makes me so angry... how do you heal the hole that those terrorists ripped in our hearts? How do you deal with the pain?

Please - let us not forget those that have given to our country. Let us remember that they light still shines in those actions they took and those hearts they touched.

I will always keep Danny close to my heart and speak of his unfaulting kindness to humanity!

Administrator
    I was so gripped with pain yesterday after reading about Danny.
    Still, nine months after, we are faced with such new deep gashes in our hearts.

My love goes out to you and Danny's other loved ones.

And I pray even more for all of the thousands of FDNY, NYPD, PAPD and other rescue workers to seek comfort and guidance from those who are trained to deal with grief.

Poem

My Friend Diane Huggins wrote this Poem:

IN LOVING MEMORY

Daniel Stewart

FDNY

Medical Technician

June 7, 2002

Weeks following September 11th you worked so many hours

You carried very lovingly precious bodies from the rubble

No one ever really knew the heartache that you suffered.

You toiled so hard on your days off that took a toll on you.

We are grieving at your loss and all the pain that you went through.

Your face we cannot ere forget, it tells the frightening story:

Of the workers at ground 0 and all there hidden fury.

We lost you from your anguish and the pain deep in your heart:

There are many other workers hiding pain that will not part.

America must heed the call and start a big campaign

To get help for our people that witnessed all this shame.

There are many more like Daniel they carry so much strain.

There must be mandatory counseling before it is too late!

Make sure the workers get to it Please don't hesitate!

They have never failed to let us down not one single day

They worked and shoveled daily in their disbelief and haze.

Daniel was the first to leave in this awful way.

He had such grief and sorrow he simply could not stay.

You will always be a hero your memories won't stray

Your life will be a beacon so that others might be saved.

God Bless you our dear Daniel in a very special way!

Written In great sorrow & tears

By

Diane Huggins

IN LOVING MEMORY

Daniel Stewart
    FDNY

Medical Technician

Please pass this on that we might get the mandatory help

For the workers and people that witnessed this horrible act of devastation.

Pass this on to any government official any one you think that would be able

to get help for those suffering. To Any one suffering out there,

PLEASE don't take your life as Daniel did!!

Let his life be a beacon that shines for you!

Reach out and get help that you so need.

Don't let Daniel's death be in vain!

In his death he is telling you to reach out your hand and get help!!

dhuggins@cobweb.net

I am so sorry for Daniels death I have cried and cried over this. I am so sorry for all the losses we sustained on 9-11 and because of it. I support everyone that lost anyone and I reach my hand in kindness to help anyone. God Bless Diane Huggins
    Diane Huggins

This is so heart breakingly sad.

My prayers are with his fdny battalion, his family and all his friends.

Battalion 44 is going to be hit hard by this death and I hope counselors go there to talk to the emts.

Deb

Prayers

It is my most heartfelt prayer that all the rescuers who are in need of help find their way to that help. It is unbelievably sad that another innocent soul has suffered and been lost to the world. Hopefully Daniel's death will not be in vain and will lead others to seek any and all help they need to deal with the unspeakable sights they have seen.

Thoughts and prayers to Daniel, his family and his friends.

God bless.

Thank you for Danny's friends & family

Thank you to all that have said prayers for Danny's friends and family. We greatly appreciate you kind words and prayers shared for Danny. Yes, he was the first that I know to go this way but we have to make sure he is the ONLY one!

If you don't mind, I would like to share the wonderful poem written on here with Danny's family. If you have anything that you would like to say to the family, I would be more than willing to work as a liason. You may send all emails to the family or any poems to my email account at NYAngel74@hotmail.com. I will print them out and send them to his father, mother, and brothers.

I have not spoken with his older brother yet about this tragedy but I am sure that he needs your kind words at this time. Although the NY Post does not state it, his older brother found him. They are a very close family and I can only imagine what he is going through right now. I know that for myself, no amount of time is going to be able to heal the hole in my heart now.

Again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Although this incident was to remain private, it is nice to see how much people truly care about our heros...

NYAngel (childhood friend of Daniel "Danny" Stewart)

Nyangel
    of course you can give this poem to the family and convey to them please that I do not know Daniel I just read of him and my heart was broken so very badly for him and his family. I belong to America's 9-11 Memorial Quilt organization, I do volunteer work for them writing letters of thanks to the families that submit photos of their loved ones for our quilts, I also write poems for each family member about their loved one. Before our President could ask me to do a poem for Daniel it was already in my mind, we were both and all of our organization so moved and heart broken over Daniel. Another loss from 9-11. My hope is that Daniel didnt die in vain but that he can so move the other workers to seek help or get someone to do manatory help for them. They are all still in such shock that they do not know what or how they feel or even what to feel. I am no way an expert but Daniels death is a clue for us to reach out and help these people to get the help they need. My heart so goes out to his family, my prayers are ever with them and they are not alone, WE stand with them in their time of great difficutly and sorrow. Daniel is a hero he worked and gave all he had to give. As long as I am alive these workers and Daniel will never be forgotten. I am a walking reminder to those who want to forget what happened in my neck of the woods, I wear my pins and my bracelets and have my house decked in RED, WHITE AND GLORIOUS BLUE. WE can NEVER FORGET These people our heroes they took the hit that was meant for all of us in the US and abroad. They died for you and me!!
    Here is the web page the President of our organization made for Daniel its a special tribute for him with my poem. http://www.angelfire.com/dc/wtc1/poe...FDNY%20EMT.htm God Bless and all my prayers and deepest love and concern. Diane Huggins dhuggins@cobweb.net
    Diane Huggins