Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefighter Kevin Shea -wedding News

Firefighter Kevin Shea -wedding News

A Firefighter Asks Why He, Alone, Survived . . . and Why He Remembers So Little
    By TINA KELLEY

Shortly after the first tower fell, Kevin Shea, an off-duty firefighter, was found on West Street, with a broken neck, severed thumb, internal injuries, and very little memory of what he had done as the buildings burned. His amnesia caused him anguish, especially because the 12 other firefighters who raced to the World Trade Center from his fire company that morning never came back. Had he gone into the building with them? Why was he alone spared?

A year later, Mr. Shea is back on light duty, working full time for the department's Hazardous Materials Operations unit. "What I'm trying to do is prep the guys for the next one, which is expected," he said. He no longer needs a neck brace; one of his doctors thinks he might return to full duty in six months.

The job helps him heal, as does his work with the Fallen Brothers Foundation, which he founded with his brother, Brian, another firefighter. Begun before Sept. 11, 2001, the group raises money for the families of fallen firefighters. "I'm coping," Kevin Shea said. "The way I cope is by doing."

The missing parts of that day are coming into focus. He found some comfort in hearing from another firefighter, Joe Falco, that he had been putting out car fires shortly after arriving downtown. That answers part of the question of what he did. "I'm still a little bit obsessed about it, but it doesn't overwhelm me," he said. "Every other day I basically say, `Is this what possibly could've happened?' If it doesn't come, I don't push it. I'm not creasing my forehead saying `ooh can something come out.' "

"When Joe Falco told me what I was doing, I saw I was helping people out. I wasn't just sitting around, hanging out," he said. "I was responding."

Shortly after he got out of the hospital, Mr. Shea, 35, met Stacy Hope Herman, a documentary producer. She trailed him as he went to various doctors' appointments. Before the end of the week, he felt certain he would marry her, but decided to give it six months. He went back to West Street to propose to her. Recalling the various people who said they had rescued him

Best wishes to Kevin and Stacy!

May the future hold only the best for both of you.

Jean

Thumbs up�������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin and Stacy I wish you all the best!!!
    Have a nice day at Sept. 29.

Smile�����������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

Congratulations to the pair of you - what a lovely bit of news! May you have a long and happy life together - you deserve it.

Administrator
    What a wonderful new beginning! All my love and good wishes, Kevin & Stacy!

Warm Thanks

Stacy and I thank you for the warm wishes.
    We are looking forward to this day.
    I believe our union will be a life long adventure.

And it is nice to know their is a support team picking up stories in the newspaper. I took your link and sent them to people in my network.

Be Safe
    FF. Kevin Shea Ladder 35, HazMat Ops, Currently Status: Retired on Disability and living in Baiting Hollow, NY (Long Island)

Talking��������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� Congratulations!

Congrats, Stacy & Kevin,
    Sorry Kevin, My wife said that if I didn't put Stacy's name first she would beat my butt. After all it's her day.
    Now you know why, You still have something to do.
    Who knows, if you have any little ones they may grow up to be Nobel Prize winners. Than again, you ARE a Firefighter so maybe they'll be asking "Do you want fries with that."

All the Best to you Both, and Thank You !!!

Bob, Sue, and Sean Link

Question��������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

Maybe it's just the champagne hangover slowing my brain down a bit, but what is "Then again you ARE a firefighter so maybe they'll be asking "Do you want fries with that?" " supposed to mean ... ?

Talking���������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

Hmmmmmm,

Do you gonna show some pics from the wedding??
    I wish I could see the wedding with my own eyes but .... ah ya know I am to far away for that

On that pic above we can see how happy you both are

Wink������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������ reference "...fries"

Don't really know. But from the context clues I would say that it is a reference to "two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, all on a sesame bun" Of course I don't eat that, but I hear they are still delicious.

Or perhaps it is a reference to my professional skills. Personally, I believe it takes lots of discipline and hard work to serve at McDonalds. Not to mention the exposure to hazardous materials.

Either way, I was left unsatisfied, so the fries would probably help. Fries, please!
    FF. Kevin Shea Ladder 35, HazMat Ops, Currently Status: Retired on Disability and living in Baiting Hollow, NY (Long Island)

Pictures?

Sure you can see some pictures. Since Stacy is a free-lance television producer, it is suffice to assume that a major production is in the works.

CNN nationwide will be interviewing us THIS Sunday on our approaching wedding gala. I will speak about our love and FallenBrothers and she will speak about our love and her FDNY documentary project (not starring me, thank goodness).

The wedding will be on the 29th at the, shhh, Metronome in NYC.

As for pictures, Let us start with the proposal and allow me to forward the rest of the images after our honeymoon.

CNN NEWS KEVIN & STACEY

SUNDAY ---WHAT TIME KEVIN-- QUE' HORA
    WE CANT SIT AROUND THE TV ALL DAY
    WERE BUSY WORKING, PLUS THE WHOLE WORLD
    WANTS TO KNOW WHAT TIME ON CNN

http://www.cnn.com/index.aol.html

CNN

The air time is set at 7:30am EST. This is nationwide, not international, so Netherlands may not be able to see it. Sorry.

As for pictures, Let us start with the proposal and allow me to forward the rest of the images after our honeymoon.

Just not pictures OF the honeymoon. That should be saved for another website.
    Brian Shea
    Co-Director of Fallen Brothers Foundation
    (foundation charity dissolved 2006)

Cool������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

Oo-er missus!! You're right, Brian, this ain't that kind of site Seriously though, such wonderful news about your brother - hey, does this mean you get to be bridesmaid?? Now there's a picture we'd all like to see...
    Last edited by Emily; 09-16-2002 at 04:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast