Hello again.
Today is the day - one year, not that that means much. I've spent the day watching the memorials and such on T.V., but I had to stop. It was too much. I feel selfish writing that, after everything you've been through, but there it is. I couldn't bear to watch anymore. I haven't read my poem since it was posted here months ago, and I don't think I'll read it today.
I don't imagine that many of you will be reading this for a while, but that's okay. I couldn't bear to watch anything more on T.V., so I came here. I had to come here, and check in. I don't know any of you personally, but that doesn't mean you haven't touched my heart. When I found out that there really was a firehouse ten, and its location, I guess I kind of 'adopted' the Ten House as my own, in a way. Up until then, I wasn't sure why I had felt so compelled to write my poem, but it suddenly made sense. I am so happy to hear that Ten House will be rebuilt, and that you will have your home back. Even when it's changed so irrevocably, I know you will make it home again.
I will say a prayer for you, for your families and friends, and for your fallen brothers tonight.
God Bless You All.
Sincerely,
Jennifer Lobban