Thread: Medal Day

Medal Day

Hi All,

I attended Medal Day and thought the department
    did a great job.

The MC (I forget his name) was good. The names with the
    photos of those murdered was great. It nice to see
    a photo with the name, it makes it more personal .... and so sad.

The Irish tenor did a wonderful job.

I thought Rudy's speech was the best.

The clapping after the names/photo was unbelivable. It was such a wonderful, heartfelt gesture.

It was also wonderful to see firefighters from all over the world. I spoke to so many from overseas and from across the USA. It was great.

Del

Administrator
    I agree. It was very tastefully and sensitively done. There was a triumphant, thankful and proud air to this remembrance.

I flew to NY & back on flights with many FF from all over Vermont and met others going back to Buffalo & Rochester in the airline terminal. It was nice to talk to them about the service, and day.

I came in from Wood-Ridge, NJ and despite the rain, myself and nine other firefighters from my department thought the day and ceremony was a fitting tribute for the fallen FDNY heroes. We met some great firefighters from around the country and the world, but the best were from NYC, Engine 95 and Ladder 36. Thanks for everything, stay low and stay safe. We'll see you soon.

Hello all,

I'm new to this board, but wanted to add that, I too attended the Memorial Day event. I was very happy to see the amount of brothers from all over the world that attended. I thought the service was very nicely done. I even had the honor of being a flag bearrer in the march to the Gardens. It's something I'll never forget.

Like many others, I visited many firehouses that day, with my wife and daughter. I would really like to thank everyone for making us feel welcome. I know it had to get overwhelming with all of the visiters stopping in. Even though we were certainly not the first visiters of the day, at each stop, we were greeted with smiles and warm welcomes. They just about spoiled my little girl rotten... hee hee. Special thanks to: L-25, E-40 L-35, E-1 L-24, E-6, and the members of Fire Patrol #2.