Thread: Thanksgiving

Thanks To You

A Message From Our Hearts and A Prayer For You

On September 11th our nation watched with awe and gratitude the courage and the sacrifice of your brothers and your sisters. It is all too easy for most of us to forget or take for granted the commitment that those of you who stand have made. We can easily forget, when we hear a siren, the lives that are at stake and it becomes a nuisance to pull over for.
    But this week we remember.
    You have made a commitment that when a tragedy strikes, however large or however small, you are the ones who will rush into a burning building or voluntarily place yourself in the line of fire. And you do this to save the lives of people with faces you have never seen. Names you may never know. We are so proud to be part of a country where people dedicate themselves to the service of others like this.
    This week we remember that the community that we live in, that our loved ones live in, is a better, safer place because of your skill and your faithfulness.
    So this week to those of you whom we owe so much, we give you honor and admiration and gratitude of full hearts. Thank you for all that you do.

Heavenly Father,
    For all of you who serve our community with such diligence day in and day out, often with little expressed appreciation or recognition, we give you thanks.
    We think of their brothers and sisters who gave their lives two years ago and we pray for their families and their co-workers that you would bring them comfort and hope and love. We think of these men and women who have stood in our midst and we ask that you give them protection, that you give them ever increasing measures of skill, that you make them men and women of great courage, and that you pour out a blessing upon their lives. We ask that you watch over their families, for you know Father, that the nature of their work can often place a strain there and these families need your care. We pray for ourselves as a community, that we would become men and women of gratitude toward those who serve us, that we would as a regular habit increasingly be the kind of community where we give honor to those to whom honor is due. We ask that you make us a community of honesty and integrity and civility and compassion and care. And we acknowledge that we can never do this on our own. And we depend on you. We rely ultimately on you. And we offer this prayer together in the name of our Savior. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Remember Jesus is our supreme rescue worker. He shed his blood to redeem us. He reaches his hand out to us to call us his own and to set us free and to take us to be with him in heaven forever.

From Willow Creek Community Church, South Barrington, IL, Service on 9-11-02
    Last edited by shunter; 09-09-2003 at 11:40 AM.

Thanksgiving

MANY THANKS TO YOU

Thank you for the all the times you have risked your lives, searching through flames in bedrooms and closets and under beds looking for trapped children.

Thank you for doing everything possible to save the life of someone
    Last edited by shunter; 11-15-2003 at 11:34 AM.

Thumbs up������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� No...Thank You.

Sue,

I have just read your message. It means a lot to me personally when a pt. or a pt's. family says thank you. Over the summer, I had the unfortunate task of calling 911 for my dad who passed out from being over heated and ultimatley went into a seizure. He is fine now. One night, we were talking on the phone and he expressed his thanks to me & my wife, who called 911. My reply was "I'm just doing my job", probably like every other public servant out in the world who replies the same way.

I have been in this business for 15 1/2 yrs. now. It seems like yesterday when I was on my 1st fire or 1st EMS call. I stop & think every now & then about the job I have and the people I work with...Especially after 9/11.

I thank God everyday for what I have. Which is taking what I have learned in school and applying it to save a life. No, am not a hero. I am just a regular everyday guy who happens to have, in my mind, one of the coolest jobs around....A Firefighter.

So, thank you for your thank you and you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving as well as a great holiday.

Andrew Hesselbrock
    Brotherhood

Remebering With Thanks Giving

To our firefighters everywhere,

Thinking of all of you this week and remembering all that you do with much thanks and gratitude. You are in my prayers for your protection and safety everytime I hear those sirens.

It was a pleasure for my husband and I to be able to talk personally with a few of you from Tower 14 of Bloomingdale FPD this past weekend.

To all of you....Be safe and know that what you do matters very much.

Sue Hunter

Unhappy��������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� As we remember those lost two years ago

To the Families:
    thank you for your strength and grace. You have taught a nation how to survive.

To the Firefighters:
    Thank you for being willing to rush up in those burning buildings trying to save us. Thousands of fathers and mothers hug children they might otherwise never have seen again had it not been for you.

To Kevin Shea:
    May you find peace as you continue to heal physically and emotionally. May you realize the reason God saved you, trust in Father Mike and your dreams!