Man rescued from blaze in Leominster
Saturday, December 28, 2002

By Mike Elfland
Telegram & Gazette Staff


LEOMINSTER-- The owner of a burning house on Main Street used his cell phone to summon the Fire Department and minutes later was rescued by the first-arriving firefighters.
Robert J. Faunce, 27, and a dog were helped from a 12-foot-high roof by Firefighters Mark Matley and Charles Muth, according to Deputy Fire Chief Alfred LeBlanc.
The fire, at 893 Main St., caused extensive damage to the two-story house where Mr. Faunce lives with two brothers. He was on the second floor when he noticed smoke, which soon became too thick for him to make it to the door, the deputy said.