Thread: Challenger Disaster

Challenger Disaster

My family and I were watching the tv yesterday at 2.30pm GMT when the news of the challenger disaster was flashed onto our screens. We watched in horror and disbelief as the pictures unfolded on the screen.

It seems as if the USA has been fated to suffer some of the most terrible events in its history, since this new millenium began. We know that as in the past, when disaster struck, Americans the world over will gather together in faith and hope. They will mourn the lost, celebrate the brave and build stronger, better and wiser for the future they believe in.

We send our love and support to the families who grieve tonight.
    May God bless them and hold their loved ones in his mighty hands.

Carol

My family also watched with horror the events unfolding yesterday morning. We were at the Cape when John Glenn landed in the shuttle a few years back. We've also been to the Johnson Space Center, so the space program has always held a fasination for my family.

Our hearts go out to the families of the astronauts lost and to the space program family. I pray they find the strength they need in the coming days.

Jean

My first reaction when I saw what befell Columbia was "not again..." I was fifteen when Challenger exploded, and I remember only too well the grief and pain resulting from that. I've followed the space shuttle programme from its earliest days, from watching the first atmospheric tests with Enterprise in the 70s through to Columbia's first triumphant flight on 12th April 1981, so to see the shuttle programme struck once again by tragedy is really terrible. My thoughts and prayers are with the families, friends and colleagues of the astronauts. God bless you all.