I just wanted to share this paper I wrote back in early 2002 that I read before our City Council. I apologize if the numbers I state in the paper are not accurate . Thank for your time and God Bless you all.

City Council Meeting Presentation
Good Evening, Honorable Mayor and City Council and City Personnel.

My name is Scott Hunter, Fire Captain, City of Taft Fire Department, 4 years
The Subject of Heroes

On Tuesday, September 11, 2001, the United States of America was attacked by a faceless coward, who unleashed the worst terrorist attack on American soil ever, in lower Manhattan in New York City. We all watched in horror as the towers 1 and 2 of the World Trade Center and other buildings collapsed, taking with them approximately 4000 lives.

Of those 4000 lives, 343 were firefighters and paramedics from the Fire Department of New York, and 60 of the 343 were off duty and answered the call on that fateful day. They responded on their own accord because they took an oath to save life, environment and property. For their unselfishness they paid the ultimate price, being killed in the Line Of Duty. Also, 60 Police Officers from the New York Police Department and the Port Authority Police Department were killed that day, and 5 EMT