Thread: Bio from NY Times

Administrator

Bio from NY Times

The Tool of His Trade

Unhappy���������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

During the fall of 2000 I was fortunate enough to attend an Engine Company Operations class that Andy taught. His love of teaching was obvious and that made it the best class I have ever been to.
    After completing part of a hands on session, Andy said to me "Good job, real good." It may not sound like much but to have a FDNY firefighter, who works on a Squad Company say that to a rural volunteer like me was priceless. I wouldn't have traded that for the world, then or now.
    When the announcement for 2001's fall fire school came out and Andy wasn't on the list of instructors, I was disappointed because I wanted as many members of my company as possible to go to his Engine Company class.
    Then came Sept. 11th, and I prayed that Andy was off that day, but he wasn't.

I exchanged emails with Andy and he answered despite all of his other obligations and responsibilities. He was a class act down to his fingertips and he will be missed.

Til we meet again.....
    Hazardous Material Techincian- "If you see me running, try and keep up!"