Thread: Just thought I'd say hi to everyone...

Post������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������ Just thought I'd say hi to everyone...

I just thought I would stop in on this site and say hi to everyone. I heard about this site from Dennis Smith's book, Report From Ground Zero which I just finished reading today. Wow, that was a great book! So many of the stories brought tears to my eyes. So many people seem to have forgotten about 9-11. I am only 19, and I was 15 when 9-11 happened so maybe I remember it better because I am young and it is the worst tragedy that has occurred in my life. I guess it is the worst tragedy that has occurred in everyone's lives though. So, I do not know why people dont seem to remember it. By "remember it" I know that people know it happened but I mean how people do not care about fighting terror. Do people not realize that if we dont fight it in other countries in the middle east then a tragedy is going to occur again? Of course thats not all that has to be done though. There needs to be more control at our borders too. Anyway, I remember it and I am just as patriotic today as I was the day after September 11 when everyone was so patriotic. Most people lost that patriotism within a few months but it stuck with me. I realized that I live in the greatest country in the world and I realized that there are people trying to kill us because we live in such of a wonderful country. Back in the 10th grade I didnt know anything. I was clueless and on 9-11 I was just confused. It woke me up and made me pay attention. I remember just where I was and what I was doing on that day. I will never forget that day. Well, I just thought I'd stop in on this website and post something after seeing the web address in Report From Ground Zero. I think I will mail in a donation. I am young so I do not have much money but it will be good to know my money is going to a good cause. To the firefighters, keep up the great work!

-Anita
    Last edited by Anita; 02-28-2005 at 12:34 AM.

Smile�����������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

I see you moved my post. After I wrote it I figured I put it in the wrong spot, so sorry about that and thanks for moving it. Well wishes is a good spot for it. Best wishes,

Anita