Thread: And They Just Kept Climbing...

Thumbs up������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� And They Just Kept Climbing...

This is an image I found in my local newspaper (Gadsden Times) on their editorial page. It had a tremendous emotional impact on me and I am now displaying it on my personal 9-11 tribute page on my web site.

I have the original hanging up right next to my computer. There are many days when I look at it and remember all the fallen heroes from that day and all the other days when firemen have died in the line of duty. It reminds me that every day all over this country men and women put their lives in jeopardy to help those who are in need and may not receive the same level of recognition for their sacrifices as those who perished on 9-11.

Thank you all for your dedication and for being there when we need you the most.
    Unicorn Blessings!

Hi

Hi there. I saw your picture and it is so true. I have not thought that it could be said like that and mean so much more. I have dealt with two big deaths of friends that were firefighters. They did not die on duty but it still hits me hard.

Post������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������ Fallen Heroes

Think the simplicity of the words is what makes such a tremendous impact. I know when I first saw the image, it was almost overwhelming. And it still affects me that way each time I look at it.

My sincere condolences on the loss of your friends. It doesn't matter that they didn't die "in the line of duty". Know they are still heroes in your eyes and in the hearts and minds of all of us who recognize and appreciate the sacrifices made every day by firefighters and their families.

So long as you continue to honor and remember your fallen friends, they will remain close to you. One thing I've found that helps me to deal with a loss like this is to treasure the menories that make you smile. Each time you find yourself smiling when recalling one of those special times, you are one step further down the road to healing.

Best wishes and....
    Unicorn Blessings!