Thread: Worcester FD

Worcester FD

I attended a meeting at the Webster St Station. Last time I was in your City was in December of 1999. I placed my patch that was cut off my sleeve on the makeshift memorial fire truck. I am a Rochester, Ma call firefighter. When I stepped into your station on Wednesday I got chills as I resited the poem I wrote 6 years ago in my head for 6 very special people whom I had never met.

That year I made 6 red and black ribbons and every year I place them on my Christmas tree. As my daughter asked last year why do I keep putting them on the tree, I told here that I will always put them on my tree as a reminder of 6 brave men who gave their life for someone else. It also reminds me of how quickly life can change.

My husband an I are both firefighters and my 11 year old and 2 year old daughters have no real perception of what we do and what can happen.
    I hope they never have to either.

Thank you for reading and know that the W6 and their families are in my thoughts often and I hope that they are all adjusting to that signifigant life changing moment on December 3, 1999.

Thank you..

Thank you for your message about the Worcester 6.
    The caring never stops as long as they are remembered.
    Neil H. Donahue @FallenBrothers.