Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Bracelets?

Question�������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� Memorial Bracelets?

Could anyone give me any information on obtaining Memorial Bracelets bearing a name of a fallen 9/11 FDNY hero? I heard that a fire company in California was selling them, and was donating all the profits to the Twin Towers Fund.
    I have been searching the net, but haven't found any info.
    Please know that the Carmelite Sisters are praying for all the families of those lost, and for all the brave Firefighters, Police, and Port Authority Officers who still are searching for their brothers. May God Bless you and keep you safe.
    Sister Francis

we are looking into it.

I believe they have one bracelet that is for all the missing, and may possibly be making up specific one's for specific names.

We would like to get these on this site to offer to everyone.

when we learn more, we'll let you know here.

Brian
    Brian Shea
    Co-Director of Fallen Brothers Foundation
    (foundation charity dissolved 2006)

Thumbs up�������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

Thank you, Brian for your quick reply! I knew if I couldn't find the info, a Firefighter would!
    The bracelets are a wonderful concept. I have a Viet Nam POW bracelet from the early '60's. I still pray for that missing soldier and his family daily, after all these years.
    I would be honored to wear a bracelet commemerating the fallen and still missing heros of the FDNY. It would serve as a constant reminder to pray for them, and the brave firefighters - like yourself - who continue to risk their lives in the true Biblical sence..."whoever lays down his life for a stranger..."
    Again, God Bless you and keep safe, all you love, and all the members of the FDNY.
    Sister Francis

Question�������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� Re: Memorial Bracelets

Dear Sister Francis,

I have a memorial bracelet and they are being sold with the individual names of different FDNY firefighters, and NYPD Police officers. My best friend got them and they are really nice. Here is the website Http://www.memorialbracelets.com.

Hope this will help you :-D
    Love amanda ( Long Island, NY )
    Last edited by Amanda818; 11-26-2001 at 12:42 AM.

Thumbs up�������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

Thank you, Amanda! That's great! If only I had a million arms to bear all the names...
    It's so heartbreaking seeing the list of seemingly countless names that have died due to senceless hatred.
    God Bless you and keep you safe.
    Sister Francis/Carmelite Sisters
    "The Difference...is Love" (sm)

Unregistered
    Another site for bracelets is mercyband.org
    B-earing
    a-nother's
    n-ame
    d-aily
    They are a living memorial to those who died. They can be chosen randomly or by the specific name. My daughters and I have firefighter Captain William F. Burke Jr. and Ruben D. Correa. If anyone knows anything about these wonderful men we would appreciate any information. We also have Donald F. Greene from UA #93, the gentleman who could have flown the plane home if they were able to overtake it. They are all a part of our hearts and now a part of our families. Teresa Jahn

Info on Victims of Terror

On the New York Times web site, they have a section called "Portraits of Grief". They are doing short biographies of EVERY victim of the WTC. They do about 8 or 10 a day.
    You can look in the archive by date (going back to 9/13 ? when they started the series.) They list the names, and just click on it to bring up the bio. Many include photos. They are not in alphabetical order. I guess they do them as they get the info from the families and loved ones. It is very moving, and puts a face to each person that was lost to us.
    I was looking thru it, and came upon the bio for Firefighter Terence McShane of Ladder 101 and Engine 202, Brooklyn.
    His name and face, stuck in my mind. When I got the E-address for VOT Memorial Bracelets (thanks to Amanda in her post to me)
    http://www.memorialbracelets.com
    I ordered one with his name on it.
    I will wear it proudly, and pray for him, his wife and three young children, his Mom and Dad, and his three brothers and sister.
    I will pray for all the members of his Ladder and Engine Company.
    May God keep them safe in their work which they love, and safe from the evils of terror and hatred.
    And God be with the men and women of our Armed Forces.

interesting that the Times is doing a bio on everyone.

I had been planning on doing that here. Just haven't had the time yet....
    Brian Shea

Administrator
    These bios are also carried on Legacy.com

On that site there is the oppourtunity to sign a guestbook for each person and also one for the national guestbook. This is really sweet because families & friends can get to know others who their loved ones knew, and read stories they may not have heard before. Its nice to keep memories fresh this way.

that's exactly what I wanted to do. Haven't had the time.

Anyone want to help with that?

We would create a new category, and you would start a new thread for each brother.

You would then post of photo of them. And any other information that we can get for them.

I also don't know if many people realize this, but we also have a calendar on this site, that, if used properly, we could put special events on the calendar.

I don't know if anyone is up to the task of adding 343 names to this site. If you are, let me know and I'll work with you in making it so.
    Brian Shea

Administrator
    Brian,

I would definitely like to wiork on this, and know my way around the web, graphics, etc. However, I think you will need to get copyright permissions. You would be the one to do that. I suggest each person who would like to help choosing a house, or e/l company. The easiest way to do that would be to derive a list from Firehouse.com. Their bios are not too inclusive, but the search feature is the best. Then, with the list of names for each house, we can research the most complet bio .

Also, we might get some of the other sites to link to this one. For instance, Dragonfighters.com has a wide following

NY Times Bios

An update: I visited the NY Times site a couple of days ago, and now they ARE listing the victims names alphabetically in their "Portraits of Grief" section. That makes it MUCH easier to find names! Here is the site, if I copied it right!

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/nationa...its/index.html

If not, just go to www.nytimes.com
    Again, these are bios on the WTC victims, including the passengers of the two hijacked airplanes.
    May they all rest in peace, and may we never forget.

Smile����������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� Memorial Bracelets

I have ordered many bracelets and tags from the following company: http://www.memorybracelet.com/
    This site was recommended to me by many firefighters in my area.
    You may purchase online or fax in your order...
    Hope this help!
    JA

Thanks

Thank you Jeannie. I did get a bracelet from The Victims of Terrorism Memorial Bracelets site.

http://www.memorialbracelets.com

They were a bit more expensive, but all the profits from the sale of those go to the Twin Towers Orphan Fund, benefiting all the children who lost a parent, and in some cases, both on that terrible day.
    They list the names of ALL Americans that have been killed by terrorist over the years, including those killed on the SS Cole.
    I am proudly wearing the name of Firefighter Terence McShane of Engine Co. 308 and Ladder 101 of Brooklyn. He was laid to rest on Nov. 17th.
    I pray for him, his family, and the Firefighters that miss him.

Please visit our Memorial Quilts site

I cherish all of my bracelets and tags and I pray for all the families. We hope you will visit our website to see how we would like to preserve the memory of each and every individual who perished. I have a son who is a firefighter, and EMT, a soldier, and I worked in law enforcement prior to relocating to Florida so this tragedy has taken hold of my heart rather deeply. I have been communicating with several family members as well as firefighters who lost brothers and family members in New York and listening to all of their stories gives me more strength to continue doing my work to preserve the faces of these people. America has changed in so many ways in the past 3 months and so have I. I pray the quilts will be an everlasting symbol of this day in our history and fulfill one dream of all the families, that their loved one will not be forgotten.
    May God go with you.
    Jeannie
    www.angelfire.com/dc/wtc1
    www.worldtradecentermiracles.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast