Thread: Secret Santa

Secret Santa

Fallen Bravest a Secret Santa

from: http://www.nydailynews.com/2001-12-2...t/a-136083.asp

If you do not believe in Santa Claus, you can at least believe in David Arce.

Arce was one of 343 members of the Fire Department who perished at the World Trade Center. He also was a secret elf, as his family learned only after Sept. 11, when they found a paper-clipped sheaf of letters in his bachelor apartment.

The five letters were from children to Santa. The dates showed there was one for every year Arce had been a firefighter.

The family discovered that in each instance Arce had fulfilled each child's Christmas wish with a package that arrived as if from the North Pole. This quiet, self-effacing firefighter sought neither recognition nor thanks.

more at the NY Daily News
    Brian Shea
    Co-Director of Fallen Brothers Foundation
    (foundation charity dissolved 2006)

Administrator
    About a month ago, I read a note from Carolyn in Oklahoma, who is the mother and mother-in-law of firefighters. She mentioned that she was wearing a mercy band for David.

When I read the above post, I emailed her, happy to help her know him better. This is her response:

"And what a wonderful story it is!!! Thank you very much. As I read these articles and re-read them, I thought "That is something I can do,also." Each Christmas I can fulfill a child's Christmas wish with David and his family in mind. Yes, David Arce`s spirit lives on. Now it has spread west to OK.

Once again--Thank You. That seems so inadequate, but it is sincere. God bless you, and David`s family are still in my prayers. It is so good to actually see evil acts overcome by good!!" --Carolyn