Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Shea, Ladder 35, in debris 9-11-01 10am

God Bless you Kevin

Kevin; As I looked over this site I thanked God for you and your courage and that you are safe. I am sorry for everything all of you had to endure and go through. I am sorry for all those lost. God really must need you here for a purpose Brian He will use you to help someone else or give encouragement to others. I am writing a poem especially for you and will send it to you or Brian soon as I get it done. I thank God for your life and that he let you live that day. May God continue to bless you and our country. Love and Prayers Diane Huggins
    Diane Huggins

Thanks Diane.

Post it on the site for all to see. That way it doesn't end up in our "have to post this up on the site when we get a chance " folder.
    Brian Shea
    Co-Director of Fallen Brothers Foundation
    (foundation charity dissolved 2006)

lrondilone

Kevin Shea in debris

What a moving picture. I am so thankful and have such a new appreciation for all firefighters after 9/11. Thank God for you all and God Bless you all. You will always be in my heart and prayers.

Kevin Shea found in debris

What an awesome picture!! Thank God you are alive and getting better. I pray for all of the firemen, police and emergency workers that were injured on 9/11 and also for the families of the victims. Thanks so much for your bravery and courageousness. My 4 year old wants to be a fireman!! Leigh Ann

DigitalFamilyAlbum@hotmail.com

Kevin,

I've seen a lot of emotive photos from 9/11, but that one would have to be up there with the most moving. It just wasn't your time to go. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and your memories with us. I can only imagine your grief at losing your brother firefighters, but your work here on this website will ensure that they will never be forgotten - and neither will you. God bless you.

Go n'eiri an bothar leat,

Emily

The picture of Kevin

I just joined this wonderful site after I saw the LIFE magazine. Kevin the picture that you have posted on this site, of you laying on the ground breaks my heart. I just sat at my desk at work in disbelief and tears in my eyes. To hear that numerous firefighters were lost is totally different when you actually see a picture of a courageous firefighter injured laying on the ground. Even a year later it still affects my heart badly. I've ALWAYS had a special place in my heart for firefighters since I was a little girl and when September 11 happened and many of my heroes were killed or injured, it hurt. Physically I hope you have recovered wonderfully, mentally.............I hope you stay strong.

Lots of love and respect
    Kristy
    Kristy Molinari

Time

Hi Kevin

I've been in touch with you a long time ago, but I just happened to visit this site again and noticed this forum here. A great improvement.

About your photos. It's just so heartbreaking and I think there's no soul who can watch it without thinking how lucky you were.

It's often said, when someone's been in a near-death-experience, that "it wasn't yet time to go" and looking at your photo and knowing what happened on that horrible day, those words came to my mind again. It really wasn't your time to go yet.

God bless you!

Taru

Unregistered

Thank you SO much

Kevin,
    It is well after 9/11 now and I'm sure you have tried to move on with your life now. I know it's hard because my boyfriend is dealing with the same thing. He used to come by your station and hang out with all of your brothers. He was devasted to lose all of them just like you were. Thank you so much for being such a courageous person. You will be well-rewarded in heaven. God Bless you.

Rachelle

*my boyfriends name was Stephen, but I dont want to put his last name. He was in his teens when he came and saw you*

Unregistered

Smile����������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� drkchiropractor/friend

Dear Kevin,

I hope that you have recovered from your injuries. It must be a day that keeps replaying in your mind, how could it not? I am so thankful and happy that you made it. Thank you for your selfless service of so many years and God BLess you, your family and your fellow fire fighters (you really are angels!!). Your friends will be with you ALWAYS. . . Love and Bless, Kristen

Thumbs up������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� lucky angel

Wow what can i say hes the only one that survivedfrom is compony? thats a act of the fire gods above. Its nice to see some inspireing pics in here keep up the good work

Kevin

You are one of the luckiest people i know. it is an absolute miracle that you survived. It has got to be hard to half lost brothers in the collapse. Being a fire fighter myself i know how hard it is when a fellow brother is either hurt dies or has a family tragedy.

The Greatest Gift

9-11 will remain the largest tragedy in the history of firefighting. The loss of life is unfathomable.

The greatest gift given by the service is exemplified in yourself and others who survived. That you have not lost the spirit and drive to help those in danger, after knowing the pain of 9-11, is what sets fire fighters apart from all others.

And those who follow that same path every day will continue to make our country strong and the world a better place.

thanks

Thanks for the kind words and raising attention to 9-11.
    FF. Kevin Shea Ladder 35, HazMat Ops, Currently Status: Retired on Disability and living in Baiting Hollow, NY (Long Island)

God bless...

Kevin,

God bless and stay healthy & safe!!

Lt. Tom Kenney, Providence (RI) Fire Department

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12