Thread: Want to fill in this forum? This might help.

Administrator

Want to fill in this forum? This might help.

I have extracted a list from http://firehouse.proteus.com
    and sorted it by Unit which you can use to input info into this forum.

The list contains the name and rank of each member and is at http://www.sover.net/~seminara/FDNY.html

nice work Chris.

that should help a lot.

for those that might hesitate because they don't know which Engine goes with which Ladder.... don't worry about it.

Just do what you can do. We can merge posts together when we get a chance later.
    Brian Shea
    Co-Director of Fallen Brothers Foundation
    (foundation charity dissolved 2006)

Administrator
    Thanks, and you answered my next question about linking up the E&L.

I also like Kevin's format; will change mine. BTW I will be going thru the names from a to y again to find some of the bios that werent available during the first round. I am so glad you found the Secret Santa story about David Arce.

secret santa

Yeah, I saw that one and quickly just grabbed it. I thought it was timely.

I had stepped back from things over the holidays. Needed a long break. Still not ready to work on things, but will force myself, a little at a time.

I'm really surprised you have been able to go on so strong. Quite impressive. I just wish others would join in and help... even with one or two. (hint hint)

So, come on eveyone. As you are reading an article somewhere, think about posting it here on the board for everyone else. Share. Even if it's just to copy a link to the site you are on. anything.

If we learned anything last year, it should be that even a little bit of help still helps. Do what you can. We saw children give their 'life savings' of $5. That helps. Every little bit helps.

Now you can give 5 minutes, can't you? When you see anything of interest that might be related to a fallen brother, won't you take a few minutes of your time to just post it here? Share.

it's all about sharing.
    Brian Shea

more about sharing

I thought a little more about this....

I want everyone to know that this site relies on EVERYONE sharing.

The 2 biggest contributors to this site, that helped create everything here, are Chris and Patricia (Patries). They have no real affiliation with us or the site. Instead, they took it upon themselves to help create this site. They understood that for this site to grow, it needs help.

And they stepped up. Notice how many posts they've done. And incredible amount of work. All for the sake of helping.

Now, I don't want to throw quilt around or anything.... but why aren't YOU posting? Are you just reading? That's great. That's what the site is here for. For healing.

But, it's also here for sharing. Don't you have anything to contribute? Don't feel like someone else is supposed to do it.... you do it. Step up. When you hear of something related to a firefighter, think about sharing it with everyone who comes to visit.

This site will mean more to you, and to everyone, if YOU contribute a little. If everyone took it upon themselves to add just ONE item to the site, it can grow tremendously. And once you've added one item, you might be prompted to add more.

Don't just sit there admiring what other's have done. Try joining in. Share. Join in. Experience being a part of something. A part of something that you know will bring healing to a family, to a nation, to a world. Life's too short to sit on the sidelines....it's time to join in and share.
    Brian Shea

Administrator

Bringing forth light

Creating this memorial is about bringing people together to bring forth light from this tragedy. Light comes in many forms-- from healing, lo linking people, and making sure the respect, love and spirit of these men live on throughout the world.

Please read my response to Brian's post about Secret Santa, David Arce.

That will bring light to his family and friends. There are other examples of that throughout the tributes. Seek them out.

Brian, I am more connected to you and the brotherhood of firefighters than you realize. Until June '99 I had always lived in NYC; mostly Brooklyn. I lived in Park Slope, a community housing three firehouses. As I walked by, I smiled; sometimes flirted-- I've even got funny and embarrassing stories, which I can share at a later time. I know I was aware that they were brave men who risk their lives for us. Maybe not realizing enough.

Some of the men who were killed are men I knew growing up. Some are sons of men I knew. One is a brother of a retired FF with whom I have shared other sorrowful losses.

And I know others like yourself and Kevin, who were spared and trying to deal with all of this. One is an ex neighbor. One is my brother, FF Greg Seminara, Ladder 111.

Living in VT now, I felt frustrated, realizing that if I was in NYC I could help out in a more physical way. This project helped me. Throughout the time I have been building this memorial, I stopped when I felt too much pain. But, as overpowering as it has been for me at times, I also feel very loving, These stories are so full of love, and I drew strength from them.

My contribution is a small step toward bringing some light into many lives.
    Last edited by Chris; 01-15-2002 at 08:39 AM.